Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I park?
lil omm has plenty of free and metered neighborhood parking during weekday hours on Wisconsin Ave, or behind the studio at Chesapeake and 42nd street (by Safeway and Georgetown Day School). We ask that you do not park in any of the shared lots located behind the studio during weekday business hours. lil omm is thrilled to offer FREE PARKING behind the studio on evenings from 4pm and all weekend. The parking lot is located at the back door of the lil omm studio.
Is the studio for only moms and babies?
We offer a mix of classes and styles for all levels, ages, and genders.
Why choose lil omm?
1. We have complimentary parking for night/ weekend classes
2. We always have complimentary water AND mats.
3. We have smaller, more intimate classes and do not participate in group selling sites ( groupon, living social, etc) which means that we value yoga as a relationship between teacher and student and do not have the intention to pack students into classes with 30+ people.
4. We have a 3 month time limit for all 5/10 class passes which we feel is easy and helpful for students, given scheduling and life.
5. And finally, the piece that we are most proud and grateful for, is we have a number of families/adults who attend lil omm at discounted rates b/c of financial challenges, in this economy. ANY student who emails/ talks to us about needing some assistance, is granted that in a way that feels healthy and manageable for them. And we want to ensure that everyone has access to yoga in DC, and that finances do not prevent anyone from coming to practice yoga.
Why choose membership?
To make life easier and more affordable! The more you practice yoga, the greater the benefits! Ideally, you should practice each day. Membership will allow you to come and go as it fits your schedule and as your children grow. We have some families who enjoy adult classes, classes with their families, and classes just for the children.. all of this can be quite expensive! Membership allows you to fully engage in all the studio offerings.
Membership privileges include:
- free childcare (for family memberships only)
- 10% off workshops
- discounts on sessions
- mat storage
- one private yoga class (up to 4 people)
- special member classes and offers
Memberships can be suspended (put on hold) in the event of extended travel, delivery and postpartum, school holidays/breaks, or other extenuating circumstances by submitting the Suspension Request Form by e-mailing email@example.com, by mail, or in the studio. Membership holds are valid for up to 3 months. After 3 months, membership rates apply.
Learn more about our membership options.
Who can use a family unlimited membership?
A family membership is transferable between immediate family only. Membership requires a minimum 3-month commitment; after 3 months, cancellation or suspension is available only with 30 days written notice prior to your next payment. Please send all written requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you offer class passes or drop ins?
We offer both. You can drop in for $20 or buy a 5-class pass for $90 ($18/class); class passes expire after 3 months. Class passes can be shared among immediate family (parents and children only.)
How much is a Family or Playtime class?
Family classes are the regular drop-in rate of $20 per FAMILY (not individual) and Playtime classes are the regular drop-in rate of $20 per Adult (ages 18+). Class passes and memberships accepted.
Can I bring my stroller?
Yes, please do! You can bring your stroller into our back door, located at 42nd and Chesapeake.
What happens if I buy a pass but have my baby before I can use it up?
Contact us. We can put your pass on hold until you are ready for postnatal yoga or to use your pass for yourself!
If I am pregnant, are there classes that I can attend in addition to prenatal?
Yes! All of our teachers are prepared and comfy to teach prenatal students, so just make sure to let your teacher know that you are pregnant. We offer a wide range of classes for all levels and styles of yoga.
What happens if I come to class late?
No worries! Just come in, settle down, and join in when you are ready. Please sign in to class before you arrive if you are able. this will help you facilitate a more peaceful experience at lil omm.
Any other questions? Contact us. We are here to help!
What to bring?
- We offer complimentary yoga mats, props, and water. Please bring your own towel, if you like.
- New students, please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Print Waiver Form
Our playroom is a nurturing environment where your child will learn and grow. Most lil omm childcare providers are yoga teachers (and parents!) that lead a joyful playtime through yoga, dance, singing, coloring, imaginative play and reading. Children in childcare must have a parent or guardian attending class at that time. Maximum 5 kiddos- please register online in advance to guarantee a spot.
Older children are welcome to use the childcare room for reading and homework during any class. We welcome you to use the childcare room with other caregivers and children as a playroom during your yoga class, even if childcare is not scheduled.
What does lil omm mean?
lil omm is a lifestyle. a way to integrate health, wellness, community, family and yoga in a very busy modern world. it’s a a way to connect. the name “lil omm” came from our original kids yoga clothing company.