Playtime classes are adult practices where children of all ages are welcome into the studio/space. Often class is taught in a classical vinyasa style or a signature blend we call YogaFit, which combines yoga, conditioning, and strength building exercises.
Often infants will nap in a carrier or enjoy time on a blanket near a parent’s mat while crawlers and toddlers may play together in the studio or unsupervised in the playroom. Older children are welcome to use the studio space or playroom to do homework, read, craft, or even to practice alongside a parent.
Although children are invited into the space, we do ask that all participants honor each other’s time and practice by following simple good neighbor guidelines.
- The first rule of thumb is safety. Children are not allowed in the office or hallways during Playtime classes.
- Respect other children, toys, props, and the yoga in session.
- Be mindful of your children and attend to them as needed. Only you are aware of your child’s readiness to participate or play unsupervised.
- Teachers are responsible for leading the class, not providing childcare.
- There are no snacks allowed in the playroom. Please provide your children with a cup of water before or after class.
- To encourage healthy social interaction with others, we ask that screens be left at home (tablets, smartphones, etc).
- lil omm is a "No Put-Down" Zone.
- Kindly help put away toys with your children so that the playroom is in a safe and usable condition for the next class.
- In case of excessive disturbances, we reserve the right to ask you to return at another time. Rambunctious play disrupts both playtime and yoga.
We hope that these guidelines will provide a framework to ensure our classes are of a high quality and can be enjoyed by our entire community--- those with and without children.
Playtime classes are held several times during the week and on weekends. View schedule
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please e-mail us at email@example.com